DoroT: 宝贝一岁生日啦 DIY 'One'derful Birthday

My baby has finally turned one! (And that means we have survived the first year of parenthood. lol)
We planned for a bigger celebration initially but due to Covid outbreak, we had decided to throw the party at home with our close family members only. 
我家小王子一岁啦~ 由于疫情的关系,我们决定就在家里小型的庆祝而已。

What To Prepare? 准备什么呢?
1. Theme & Decoration 主题风格

Animal theme was the first thing in my mind, and straightaway I purchased some animal balloons from Shopee. Luckily I was able to pump the balloons in our clinic with our 3-way syringe. (gonna blow my lungs out if we had to blow it one by one)
儿子嘛,就来点动物森林主题好了。我在Shopee买了一些气球,然后在诊所里用机器吹。

A. The backdrop (RM30)
B. Woodland Animals Balloon (RM18)
C. The light strips (not sure how much as it's in my storeroom since ages)


2. Birthday Smash Cake 生日蛋糕

I made his own birthday smash cake as I thought it would be a waste if I ordered a fancy cake from the bakery and you can control the sweetness on your own.
我亲手做了这款无糖酸奶蛋糕让他吃/砸。(想说如果订外面的来砸很浪费啊~)


This is no-sugar yogurt cake topped with fruits and baby biscuits. See how he happily smashed the cake and the 'aftermath'. ~.~
看我玩得几开心~~

I ordered this cute giraffe cake for the actual celebration (By SweetsBySuens) This is beyond my level of baking. xD



当天我订了敲敲蛋糕来庆祝,很符合主题对吗? 我是做不出这么美的蛋糕啦。😅


 3. Zhua Zhou 抓周仪式

According to ancient Chinese ritual, one year old baby will have to Zhua Zhou which means picking up something and that item will be related to his future job. I prepared few items like stationery, calculator, comb, ladle, ball, paint etc etc. Guess which item he chose the first?
古代华人一岁有抓周仪式,意识着以后长大了会做什么工作。我准备了文具,鞋子,梳子,画画等等。猜看他拿了什么呢?




 4. Food 宝宝吃什么?

For a traditional birthday celebration, you must have red eggs, chicken drumstick and birthday noodle. Taa-daa, luckily he finished up the noodle (because we don't usually serve him noodle).
传统的生日餐一定有红鸡蛋,鸡腿和生日面线。

Just a sweet and simple celebration for my one-year-old boy. 

We just hope he can grow up happily and healthily. ;) 
希望他健康快乐长大就好了~ 
Behind The Scene 我们俩布置到半夜去了,累死啦~


Any sponsorship/ ads/ review pls reach me at:
dote-on-dor@hotmail.com
YouTube: 朵儿DoroT

Comments