DoroT: How to Introduce Solid Food to baby? 宝宝辅食品要准备什么?

Baby's solid food besides milk can be introduced as early as 4-6 months old. Every child is different, watch their signs like whether he can sit upright, or he is curious at whatever you're eating, or he still seems hungry after the milk, you may slowly begin the feeding to the baby.

随着宝宝4-6个月龄是可以开始辅食品的时候,父母们就得准备让宝宝吃东西啦。当然首先无论是让宝宝BLW自主进食还是喂食,大家都一定要学CPR急救。

Some mommies decide to go for Baby Led Weaning (allow the baby to eat on his own since day 1), some choose to feed the babies with puree and no matter which method you choose, it is mandatory to learn CPR as babies might choke even you serve them very soft food. Food wise, we will discuss this on another post.

Today I'm gonna share what tools you need to prepare for baby's solid food. The list will keep on adding as there are way too many adorable utensils for babies!

今天要说说到底该准备什么用品呢?

1. High Chair 儿童餐座椅

Always put them onto the high chair whenever it's meal time. You may add a cushion to support your baby. I started introducing solid food to my baby when he's 5.5 months old. Ikea high chair is highly recommended as it is easy to clean, economical and the the tray size is just right for the baby. 

✓ Ikea的经济又方便清洗。



2. Cooker 炖锅

I bought this orange 0.7L Khind cooker as recommended by most of the mommies out there. The porridge will not be burnt as it is double boiled and there is a panel to keep the food warm too.

✓ Khind 橙色炖锅煮的粥不会焦底,小小个不阻碍空间。




3. Blender 搅拌器

I first used a standing blender but I find it difficult to blend the vege as the portion was too little. I eventually bought a hand blender which is way more handy and convenient!

✓ 我买手动的Khind搅拌器, 真的很方便。


4. Suction Bowl/ Plate 宝宝碗碟

A. Cute Baby

My gf gave this to my baby as present, we love it as it has the water injection design to maintain the food temperature. The suction strength might not be the best but we are still happy with it.



这款可以放热水在下面保温,底下吸盘还好,我家宝宝很会把他翻起来。-.-


B. We Might Be Tiny

One of the famous suction plates on the internet and no doubt, the high silicone quality surprised me when I received it. However, my (naughty) boy was able to flip the stickie plate on his first usage. -.- So, I only use it when I travel as the lid (sold separately) is very useful.



这款价位比较高,漂亮,还以为吸力强,但我家宝宝还是翻得起来。。。不过出门我都会带上它因为有盖子(另外购买)。


C. Oxo Tot Stick and Stay Suction Plate

The suction base is the strongest among these 3 but my baby could still flip it over if it's not fixed properly. Anyway, this is my favourite so far as I love placing different food into each division. (The middle one is for the dipping sauce)



我家早餐常用的,吸力强,又有几个分隔来放不同的食物。


5. Utensil 汤匙叉

A. OXO Tot

B. Marcus & Marcus

C. No Brand

Generally I feel all the above are useful, my baby loves snatching our spoons and thus we will prepare 3 spoons at least during feeding. Lol

我认为汤匙叉用什么牌子都可以,因为我家小坏蛋很喜欢抢我的汤匙(尤其是大人的)。~.~





6. Bibs 围兜

A. Cover-all bib (No brand)

This bib is useful for BLW baby as it covers the entire body but sadly the bottom coverage is too soft to catch any leftover food. 




这款包围了宝宝身体,不过下面的太软就收集不了掉下来的食物。


B. Snapkis

Soft and premium quality silicone, the front pocket is average in catching food.



不错,可以收集掉下来的食物。


C. No Brand

Came across the Mushie brand bib (find it too expensive tho) and I found the similar design on Shopee. This is the best bib ever as it is indeed free from spillages due to the deep front pocket. 



这是新买的,下面的围兜比较宽,收集到更多掉下的食物。


Frankly speaking, I feel everything has its own pros or cons regardless of the brands. At many times, they just love to use our adult spoon and bowl! Lol

Just keep shopping, mommies. ;)

Comments