DoroT: My Breastfeeding Journey 哺乳的迷思: 我会有奶吗?

As we all know breastmilk is the gold liquid for a newborn and if you have made the decision to breastfeed, you have chosen the right path. Today I'm gonna share my own perspective and experience regarding breastfeeding.
最珍贵的食物不是山珍海味,而是初乳。今天来聊聊我个人对哺乳的小小看法。
Why do you want to breastfeed? 
I'm coming close to 9 months of my BF journey (unbelievably). I understand the benefits of BF both to me and my baby and therefore that's the reason I'm still holding up. 
不知不觉我也哺乳快9个月了。本来只是想说3个月慢慢到了6个月,而现在就顺其自然了。

Benefits of BF 哺乳的好处
1. Lose weight (yes this is true!)  
2. The best nutrients for baby's development 
3. Antibodies which are not found in formula milk (reduce SIDS, infections etc)
4. Emotional bonding 
5. It is free (cheaper than buying formula milk) 

1. 真的可以瘦很快。
2. 母乳对宝宝是最有营养的。
3. 母乳的抗体是奶粉没有的。
4. 抱着宝宝哺乳让宝宝更安心。
5. 便宜~
 

How do I start? 怎么开始哺乳呢?
What you need is a pair of boobs and a baby's mouth. 🤣
Yes I spent the entire night carrying that tiny little creature suckling on my teats and no milk kicked out until day 3 post partum.
首先你需要准备你的乳房+宝宝的嘴。哈哈宝宝出生那一晚我完全没睡,他就一直吸奶(不过其实我产后第三天才有奶)。

The colostrum (first milk) is very thick and scant but fret not, it will meet your baby's supply as long as you let your baby suck.
初乳是比较浓厚又稀少,所以得靠宝宝的嘴来吸,慢慢的奶量也会增加的。


Position of Direct Latch 亲喂姿势


I use side lying position in the hospital as both baby and mother are able to rest but be mindful not to block the baby's nose with your breast. 
护士教我用侧躺的方式所以妈妈和宝宝都可以躺着休息。不过要注意有没有压到宝宝的鼻子。

Direct Latch VS Pump 亲喂还是挤奶好呢?
For the first month, direct latching is recommended to establish the milk supply and when you get back to work, you can pump your milk in the office. Please let your newborn baby latch every 2-3 hours throughout the day and night. Always check the total wet diapers (6-10 per day) to make sure he is well hydrated. 
宝宝出生后护士就把他抱过来哺乳,建议每两小时就亲喂,如何知道宝宝有没有喝到奶?检查尿片应该会有6-10片那就够了。


                                                  
I suggest to see a lactation consultant for professional advice or even attend a BF seminar if you decide to BF for long term. I myself regret of not seeing one but thankfully I have gained some knowledge from the Facebook Breastfeeding groups.
有机会最好咨询泌乳师或者是上哺乳课程,我是在脸书自己摸索摸索的。


Pump: Single or Double? 挤奶用什么?
I was using double electrical pump to save time and pump every 3-hourly since confinement.  (Honestly I did not latch much as my baby was taken care by the babysitter downstairs) I would say it was horrible as I was so deprived of sleep plus those postpartum hormones, I broke down several times.
建议用双边挤奶器,定时2-3小时挤30分钟。如果没亲喂就得定时挤奶来增加奶量。(是真的会累因为不够睡~~~)

Fortunately my milk supply was sufficient for my baby after the first month. My advice is keep pumping on time if you do not plan to direct latch. You may slowly drag your time to 4-hourly if you feel your milk supply is way too much. 
幸好慢慢的我的奶量也够宝宝喝了,如果你是多奶妈妈,可以拖到4-5小时再挤奶。
             

This will be in a separate post about all the pumps I have tried.
下一篇会分享更多关于挤奶的故事。


Tips
1. Stay positive and engrave this into your mind: I will always have milk for my baby. 
2. Get a handsfree bra and handsfree pump so you can do your own stuff during milk pumping.
3. After getting back to work, try to pump during work and direct latch at night.
4. Do not listen to those who bad-mouth about breastfeeding. 
5. Do not worry even if your supply is not sufficient, you can top up with formula milk. We all grew up with that. ;)
6. Your partner should be considerate as Bf is not easy, give some compliments or a simple 'thank you' is more than enough. 

1. 相信自己一定会有奶!
2. 用免扶挤奶器会比较方便(下一篇)
3. 上班后尽量白天挤奶,晚上亲喂。
4. 不要听别人危言耸听说母乳的不是,要不要哺乳是你的决定因为你才是孩子的妈。
5. 别担心一开始奶量不足,可以加点奶粉。奶粉不是毒药,我们都是喝奶粉长大的。
6. 最后你的伴侣也要理解哺乳的辛苦,记得帮老婆减轻家务,说声谢谢,老婆会更爱你的。

Happy Breastfeeding! 各位妈咪加油!
记得不管你有没有哺乳都是最棒的妈咪!

Any sponsorship/ advertisement/ review, pls reach me at:

Comments