Nostalgic India 4 - First Diwali Night 在印度的第一个屠妖节

This is a super duper #throwback post. 
BACK TO 2009 when I first stepped into the land of curry, we celebrated the first gala, Deepavali/ Diwali. It was held in seniors' hostel. (Fyi, I did mention in my previous post that we the juniors were staying in Junior Quarters) http://dote-on-dor.blogspot.com/2014/10/back-to-square-1-india-bds-1.html So, it was actually the first exposure for us to see, explore and have fun!

回到过去2009
在印度第一个庆祝的节日是屠妖节。我们收到学长们的邀请,到他们的宿舍一起庆祝。刚出茅庐的我们当然要去见识见识!
The entrance to seniors' hostel 走到学长宿舍门口
The opening dance by our batchmates 跳开场舞的是我们的同学
Whole hostel is lighted up for this festival of lights. 万灯节当然是要亮灯结彩的。
Kolam designed with colourful rice 漂亮的图案
Lovely dance by our Batch 7 seniors. 
My first impression towards them was 'wow, they are so lively and vibrant!' 
活泼舞动的7th batch学长。

Dance performance by 5th batch pretty seniors, the eldest batch in Seniors' hostel. 
Too bad this picture is kinda blur...
当时hostel最大的学长们表演印度舞蹈,她们都很漂亮哦。
Errrr Hi?
 Me in my first saree.. I was pretty plump that time. (Now I'm still the same though =S) 
The food served was typically spicy South Indian dish which I could not take it initially.(But Imma curry lover now!)
第一次穿上印度传统服饰saree,还有我手上的印度餐。一开始真的不能吃辣,但现在我是无辣不欢!
This post is basically about introducing-my-classmates. hahaha
All of us just wanted a photo with pretty senior Joanne (the middle one). She is such a bubbly and caring person, always willing to share everything with us, thus we just love talking to her! 
我们和这和蔼可亲的学姐(中间)
Ok, I shall introduce you to my first 'saree'. Haha, tailor-made it at a small shop beside Spencers (a local supermarket). We girls spent a day in town looking for Indian outfit and in the end, most of them picked kurti (Indian blouse) and I decided on wearing saree because I have never tried it before! (And the price is almost the same with kurti) Around Rs700 (RM50)
其实为什么会选择saree呢?因为第一我没穿过呀,还有价钱也是和另外一种叫kurti的差不多。大概印度币七百,马币五十。
Only Jaimie and I wore saree in our batch. We called an akka (local Indian sister) to help us tie the saree. (It's kinda complicated to tie it, I can't master it till now)
Jaimie颖涵和我是唯一穿那服饰的。。。其实我到现在也不会绑,当晚是拜托一位印度姐姐帮我们绑滴。
This is Yi Wen & Sachin our class representative. Both are from UCSI. super funny people xD
榆雯(对吗?)还有杀菌Sachin是我们的班长.
Erm, we can just skip talking bout this pandi. hahaha
This is the first pic we had and I could still remember Joanna (pic below) dragged me all the way to take this photo. I-was-so-shy-but-I-acted-to-be-calm. hahaha 
这不用讲啦。。哈哈 当初是Joanna拖我过去合照。真的是。。。
Hi Joanna our dai ka cheh. She is super cheerful, highly energetic and changes her hairstyle every year. 
From Long-short-shorter. lol 
她是年年换发型,长长短短,黑红棕金,什么都试过了吧。
From left, Hema, Harmeet, Shanthini, Suzanne, me, Visha, Kanchana, Hashvini
All of us got closer after I moved into seniors' hostel and had Harmeet as my roomie <3 comment-3--="" nbsp="">
Suzanne is my another twin as we share the same birthday! (Though initially I thought she's a Chindian hahaha due to her tanned skin. Now she's super fair la haha)
一开始大家还不熟,但是半年后,我搬去了学长宿舍就和Harmeet当了室友。感情升温!
我旁边的女生Suzanne是和我同一天生日,很巧。一开始还以为她是混血的,因为她的肤色还有一直讲英文,哈哈,后来才懂她是之前旅行晒黑的。
Suzanne aka Ahma (I don't remember why we named her that already..haha) & 
Shane the used-to-be flower boy. lol now he's a 'pregnant' guy xD
淑珊我们帮他取另一个花名叫阿妈,哈哈。。忘了为什么。
这个花美男叫胤鑫,每当相机对着他,就开始扮可爱了。呵呵。现在他变了个样,大只佬但还是很肥。xD
Always acts cute always, all the time, all day, all night
Sachin class rep (super skinny back then) & 
Aaron - another Penangite! 
当年很瘦的班长和Aaron也是槟城人。
Time to play! This is not a wand.haha  玩炮咯。。
Kelly & Joanne, sweet girls in white kurtis 
漂亮的同学kelly和李嘉欣。呵呵
Yi Wen, Evania and I stayed in the same room when we first arrived in Salem. I could still remember the first morning we woke up was 6am as the sun was already shining bright like 10am. Furthermore, there was no curtains at first. =.=
我和榆雯和绍慧,我们三个一起睡的第二天,六点钟就被大太阳晒屁股了。。因为宿舍那时没有窗帘,还有印度真的是早上六点大太阳,晚上五点天就黑了。。。
Vivien my roomie for 6 months & Lok Ann the forever fair girl..haha
颖仪(对吗?)半年的室友和乐恩。。在印度唯一不黑的女孩。*羡慕*
Sabahans - Jessel & Darren were the couple of the night haha 
从沙巴州的朋友,其实他们是情侣。。哈哈哈
Another Sabahan Desmond who is 9 days younger than me..haha
健聪(对没有?)也是从沙巴的。。和胤鑫是蓝颜知己,难兄难弟。。嘻嘻
Visha, me and Megan who left after few days. We all missed you so much but luckily we still can keep in touch via Fb. haha
右边的是Megan,虽然她只是逗留了几星期就回去了,但还好我们还有再联络。
The fashionista Stef, the youngest in our batch! 漂亮美眉是班上最小的。
很喜欢和她聊时尚,化妆,八卦,还有很多。哈哈
Pretty Charleen has sweet face & vocal as well.
又是漂亮的美女。老实话我的班个个都是美女也。我不会写你的华语名。。=S 
她人美声甜噢,但不好意思,已名花有主。哈哈。
Jaimie, Esther and I. 
I vividly remember Esther cried when she first saw me in the hostel. Am I that scary? T_T 中间的高妹是Esther,当年很单纯的你,现在已不单纯。。哈哈 =P
Dear Mary my lovely friend 亲爱的玛丽。。
Mary had a little lamb..little lamb..=P
Guess who?
My secondary schoolmate, Joe 中学同学,变成我的学姐。哈哈
Pretty Uma, I was mesmerized by her dazzling hazel brown eyes! 
都说我班真的很多美女,她的电眼不懂杀死了多少男生。哈哈
Shalini, the girl whose roll number is just right after mine.
在班上我是17号,而她是18号,所以我们常常聊天,聊些不三不四。。哈哈
Kabilan -  makes me look like a giant beside him. =S
和他拍照,我永远都很肥。。哈哈。他是从吉隆坡来的,也是读过中六的。
Liang Huey our top scorer  我们班的女精英。。我也不会写你华语名。=S
 Hello Evania aka Nia, yes she looks like a primary school student but in fact she is one of the eldest. =P 
绍慧,看起来像小妹妹但其实不小咯。哈哈
Met this sweet girl from VMU, Jeya 新朋友后来变成我的邻居!
Huan, the only girl from Sarawak who is very afraid of getting tanned.=P 
欢~从来不会穿短裤出门除非当天太阳生病了。。哈哈
Last but not least, our housemates photo! 
The rightmost is Nani which left the course after few months. We missed you lot too! 这是一开始的三号屋的屋友!后来右手边的Nani回去了。。但我们还有联络。
Dance floor with the song 'Low' by Flo-rida and other remixes. We did not stay back for long as we had to walk back to our hostel in dark. (I did mention in previous post, my hostel in Junior Quarters is around 1.5km away) 
最后呢是跳舞啦!劲歌热舞一番,大家真的活力十足,应该是平时念书很闷,偶尔解放一下。嘻嘻。
我们待了一下就回我们的宿舍去因为夜了,途中灯光又不足,所以快快回咯。。

That marks the end of our first diwali night. 
万灯节 - 毕

Comments

Post a Comment