CNY Gathering

The long-anticipated festival has finally come.
Chinese New Year
This year, even without the presence of grandma and papa, we still gathered together with my uncle's family. (we used to celebrate together over the years) They came over to our house on the eve and we had the annual steamboat.

arranged by my cousin

my platters!

my fav fav fav! I'm a fungi lover =)

LOL

get the charcoal heated
(yes, the traditional method. lol)


My mum - works and sweats

Boys gaming and gaming!

Cousin sister

Me aka the photographer

Not heated yet. So they had to PULL their strength to get the fire flamed.

Aunt pouring the tomyam soup! Try it to get your tongue numb!

ready, 3, 2, 1
Lets yum yum!

No mahjong for the night because the boys were gaming nonstop. LOL
Firecrackers were lit everywhere when it was 12am. The endless crackers I mean. All our neighbours in my apartment lit the crackers one by one. So the crackers' sound was like endless and lasted for around half an hour. (Same for every year as there are lotsa Chinese residents here) And that's all for the eve.


1st day of CNY
We were off to visit our grandparents (mother's side) at Butterworth in the afternoon. Gosh, the traffic flow at Penang bridge was extremely congested!
Somewhere in Butterworth surrounded by trees

My very very very rare pix taken with left angle
because I never look good with that angle LOL

No photos taken with relatives. As everyone was busy eating and chatting. lol
Back home in the evening. And stuck with the horrific traffic congestion again. ==''
Oh well, this is Penang. Ha ha

HAPPY CNY once again! =)

Comments